Buying a house is a big life decision that requires major care. This is your money and your future at stake so you need to be sure that every single decision and plan is thought of in an intelligent and cautious way. Thinking about things carefully will ensure that you don’t waste time, energy, and money. Buying a house and land package will require a significantly simpler process but it does not remove the fact that you still need to be extra careful with all the details and decision-making involved. To help you with just that, we have this direct and honest guide.
In this post, we’d discuss the five most important things that you need to be careful with when buying a house and land package. Taking time for each and every given item will secure a hassle-free and truly fulfilling house buying experience. Relax, okay? You should feel ever delighted as you are about to buy a house! Just make sure that you don’t forget to carefully run through the following:
- Be Careful With Your Budget
The question that you should ask: how much are you willing to spend?
You should never proceed with a purchase without a solid budget in mind. Having a solid budget in mind will prevent you from overspending and being buried in debt. You should only work around your given budget. Never proceed with a task or a purchase that is not within budget. A definite figure that considers extra expenditures should always be front and center in all your decisions. Purchasing a house and land package will only become stressful and confusing if you won’t have a clear budget in mind.
- Be Careful With Your Timeline
The question that you should ask: how long are you willing to wait?
You’ve waited long enough and worked hard enough to have a house of your own. The next question is, for how long are you willing to wait some more before you get to move into your dream house? Do you need it to be ready within months? Will a year of construction be okay?
A solid timeline and period in mind will simplify your purchase decisions. With a timeline in mind, you‘d be able to easily choose developers, contractors, and servicemen that can work within your desired period. Not having a definite period in mind will only promote delays. Buying house and land packages in Perth is pretty convenient on this end as you will be given a solid timeline and schedule. Some house and land packages can even be available within six months.
- Be Careful With Your Contractor
The question that you should ask: who is a trustworthy contractor?
You should not casually choose the contractor to work with. If we’re going to be totally honest, you need to give yourself at least a month to be able to choose intelligently. Your money and your dream home are at stake in this decision. Only work with a contractor with proven competence and integrity. To look for the best one, expert insiders advise that you do the following:
- do deep internet research on your prospective contractors
- reach out to former clients of your prospective contractors — ask them about their experience
- do site visits of current projects and completed projects
- observe their manner and nature of working on an ongoing projects
- do not limit yourself to your personal options, ask family and friends for tips and recommendations
- Be Careful With Your Design
The question that you should ask: what is my aesthetic?
What do you want your house to look like? Do you want it modern? Minimalist? Brutalist? You should have a definite look and aesthetic in mind as such visuals will guide you every step of the way when making design decisions. Things can get easily confusing if you’re working with multiple people that can easily force their agenda upon you. To not get swayed by decisions that are not even yours, you should always have a core design visual to return to. When deciding on a design, you should also consider the ergonomic and practical concerns such as:
- your current lifestyle
- the number of your family members: child-rearing should be prioritized
- your work needs – the need to have a home office
- your deal breakers
- items that you’re willing to spend extra on
- items that you’re not willing to splurge on
- Be Careful With Your Future
The question that you should ask: how can I prepare for the future?
You should think ten years ahead. All your choices should be able to allow you advantageous circumstances in the future. To do this, always come up with decisions that will add more value to your house. Are you open to selling your house in the future? Is this your forever home? Will it be able to accommodate a growing family? Will you need to save space for future kids? Do you even want to have kids? Do you want to build a house that would allow you to have that option?
For a secured future, insiders advise that you consider the following factors:
- research your current location of choice and the future projects that are planned for the area
- consider schools, hospitals, recreational areas, and public transport in choosing a location
- have a resale value in mind to allow for easy decision-making when it comes to your budget