When it comes to painting a kitchen, you will often come across the 2 pac kitchen painting option. 2-pac paint was created to create a polished look and glossy finish. It is also hard-wearing and can handle the kind of treatment that kitchen surfaces receive. Nowadays, most painted kitchens feature cabinets that are spray painted with such paint.
So, what is 2 pac kitchen painting and what are its advantages? Find out in this guide.
What is 2 Pac Kitchen Paint?
2 Pac stands for ‘2 pack paint’. It is an acrylic enamel paint system that was first used in the automotive industry. It has been a highly sought-after car finish because of its high durability, premium feel, and scratch-resistant properties.
Usually, paints and clear finishes are mostly based on solvents. It is the solvents that make it possible for the application of the finish with the spraying device. The finish will harden when the solvent evaporates, thus sticking to the surface. With 2 pac paint, things work differently. The paint comprises two different containers or packs. They contain the following liquids:
- A resin made up of melamine & acrylic paint
- Polyisocyanate resin, which is a hardener
When both packs are mixed, the liquids become hard. There is a very small amount of solvent and very less material is lost during evaporation. This results in leaving a thicker and harder finish. This provides your kitchen cabinetry surfaces with exceptional durability required for withstanding regular wear and tear.
Advantages of 2 Pac Paint
As is obvious from above, 2 pack paint offers a number of advantages over traditional paint. It is suited not just for kitchen cabinets, but also for bathroom and other cabinetry in your home.
Some of the main advantages of using 2 Pac paint are as follows:
- Wide Range of Colour Options: This paint is available in almost endless colour options. Your painting service should be able to colour match every colour and shade that exists.
- Wide Range of Finishes: 2 Pac kitchen paint was adopted for its high-gloss finish, but it is available in all types of finish including satin, matte, gloss, and high gloss. You can even have your kitchen cabinets painted in a metallic finish.
- Exceptional Durability: Almost no other paint can match the durability of 2 Pac paint’s finish. It is resistant to scratch, water, and heat and it doesn’t peel.
All these properties make 2 Pac kitchen paint the perfect choice for hard-wearing and high-usage surfaces.
Given these advantages, 2 Pac kitchen paint is best installed at the hands of experienced professionals. Precision care must be taken when applying this finish due to the following reasons:
- Since 2 pac dries at a slow pace, the environment must be dust-free
- Since heat can speed up the drying, the environment should have temperature control
- The hardener contains a toxic chemical, so the painting services professionals must wear proper breathing equipment and work in a properly ventilated area
2 Pac finish is safe after it has dried. The application requires special expertise and the right equipment. Now that you know about the benefits of this kitchen paint system, you should find it easier to discuss your options with your painting company.