Having a hot tub can be one of the methods that homeowners can do to increase the value of their houses, decoration, and also a multifunctional feature for relaxing and health. For people who don’t really want a swimming pool and prefer a feature with hydrotherapy functions, hot tubs are the best choices that you can even install indoors.
However, before buying and installing one in your house, you have to consider some things to make sure that you buy a hot tub because you need it, not just blind-buying. Of course, there are a few points to take into account when you’re planning to get a hot tub. On this page, we’re going to explain those few things that you have to make sure of before purchasing a hot tub.
(You may also love these: Inspiring Hot Tub Inspiration You Have to See Now)
What You Have to Consider Before Buying Hot Tubs
There are a few things that you have to consider before purchasing a hot tub, those are:
Well, we can say that budgeting is a quite sensitive topic when it comes to buying stuff for the house, even for our own house. Before buying a hot tub, some budgeting posts that you have to make sure of are:
- Hot tub prices vary depending on the size and shape and other features like jets and entertainment with an average price of about $3,000 t0 $16,000.
- Transport expense from the store to your home.
- Installation cost that might cost you around $1,000 to $2,000 to hire a professional.
- If you’re going to install the tub on a rooftop or the second floor, it might need extra help from a crane.
- Maintenance expense from buying water testing kit, hot tub cover, and changing hot tub filter every 1-2 years depending on its condition and usage.
(You may also love these: 10+ Attractive Hot Tub Pergola Ideas You Might Be Interested In)
Do your research! This is another good and simplest way to “judge” a product that you would love to buy. The thing is pretty simple, you will just have to:
- Search for the nearest dealer or hot tub professional installation services and get an estimated quote.
- Look at the manufacturer’s website to view a specific product and the details.
- Read customer’s review of the product.
- If needed, you can compare one product to another from different brands or the same brand with different features.
(You may also love these: Stunning Hot Tub Design Ideas You Will Fall Over Right Away)
Well, it may look simple because it’s whether indoor or outdoor but it will be important for your budget planning.
- If you’re going to install the tub indoors, you will have to make sure that your plumbing or water system supports this method. if not, then you have to make a new specific waterline for the hot tub.
- For outdoor installation, you will have to provide a flat and sturdy surface for the tub. If you don’t have one, you will have to make one first either a deck, gazebo, porch, or others. Also, since an outdoor area is exposed, you might want to consider adding a privacy screen, pergola, or hot tub cover to protect it from any organic and inorganic contaminants.
4. The Main Purpose
Of course, this is another point that you have to make sure of so you don’t have to buy the wrong type and size. There are a few purposes to consider:
– Relaxing: it’s more likely for personal use where you use it to relieve stress and get a relaxing and calming time after working the whole day by soaking your body.
– Hydrotherapy: this one is more like a medical treatment that is good for your health. If you’re looking for a hot tub for this, you would have to choose the one with jets or whirls.
– Entertainment or Socializing: as its name suggests, this hot tub is used for any fun activity like a party or just simply for having fun.
(You may also love these: Catchy Modern Hot Tub Ideas to Style Up Your Relaxing Feature)
5. Number of Seats and Size
Based on some points above, if you’re going to use the hot tub for personal use, the one with four seats is enough for the whole family. Meanwhile, for entertainment or socializing purpose it would be better to have more seats.
6. Additional Features
Additional features could be accessories that omplete a hot tub based on your needs. Some additional features that are available for some types of hot tubs are lightings, LED, audio system, user-friendly control, fountain, waterfall, and others. Again, these are just optional additional features that you might not really need for your purpose.
(You may also love these: Captivating Cedar Hot Tub Ideas to Make Your Outdoor Looks Warmer)
When it comes to your house, you have to make sure that everything is within your budget and needs so you don’t have to buy something just because it’s on sale or it’s labeled as ‘the best deal’. Those are some points that you can use to consider before buying a hot tub for your needs!